Creating a Professional Actor Headshot
Palm Beach Acting Headshots Actor Headshot Photographer
This is a update to the post entitled Actor Headshots & Becoming An Actor; Hope this helps!
Click on the above image to enlarge
Well after going though many shots, LA Actor Benjamin James selected this dramatically lit image to represent himself and as a branding portrait. As discussed, the photograph MUST:
- Must depict the actor in his or her best light * You just gotta look good, plain and simple; nothing highbrow here!
- Must be Timely * Should appeal to “today’s” Agencies / Movie & TV Producers * Always be hip & in fashion * NEVER look dated!
- Must not “LOOK” heavily retouched or altered * How many of you have seen “modeling photos” that look like plastic dolls?
- Must have an eclectic essence or mass appeal * You don’t want to ever be pigeonholed as an actor!
- Must brand YOU as to who you are or who you aspire to be * Read my Branding Article to learn more about this concept
Once again, becoming an actor is not easy but with strong collateral materials you can reach for the stars.
In an up an coming article I will be explaining what an Actor Portfolio so encompass and why you should have one when courting an acting agencies.
For inquiries regarding Professional Acting Headshots, Modeling Headshots or our anything regarding our Professional South Florida based Photography Studio here in Sunny West Palm Beach and to book a session, please ring us at 561.762.8968 or simply complete our contact form located here!
As always, I want to here from you! Comments, Questions & Suggestions for future topics are encouraged!
You may contact us via my Twitter and or Facebook account to request more information. Take a moment to friend us and touch base; I would love to hear from you!
Great post. It is a great tip for anyone who wants to be an actor.